Saturday, August 30, 2008

Concentrating

I'm having a hard time these days remaining focussed.
I have finished my 2 weeks of camps - they were alright, but it was much different than the other weeks of camps because these girls just didn't have the English vocabulary like the other students did, so communication was exhausting.
Other than that...I have 4 days of 'teaching' and goodbyes this week...should be pretty easy, but I can't stop thinking about home and leaving and what's all awaiting me there!!
I think Katy did the same thing, but I thought I'd share my list of things I'm looking forward to (this list is not in order of importance, just more chronological and I really hope I didn't forget to mention anything)!!
1) Flying - I love it.
2) Landing in Toronto on Saturday September 6th, I have a few friends coming I think, but if anyone else is around at around 2:35pm then you're welcome to stop by. I'm only there for a few hours though and then I fly to Ottawa at about 6:15 or so.
3) Flying to Ottawa from Toronto - I have travelled that short trip yet.
4) Seeing my FAMILY!!!!! YEAH!!
Seeing Oma, Opa, and Grandma too sometime soon after the plane
5) Eating my mom's cooking (maybe she'll even make her amazing cheesecake dessert....hint hint)
6)Finding a car
7)Moving to Waterloo and starting to work for Young Life at the end of September
8)Being around before Loraine's wedding and hopefully helping out if I can
9)Loraine and Rob's WEDDING!!!!!!!!
10)Visiing with as many friends and family as I possibly can
11) Finally getting to see my boyfriend Will, whom I have not blogged about, but only because I would rather share our story in person with people. We met when I went to the YL conference in June and he's coming from Calgary for a visit at the end of September. So Excited!!

And that's just September! Octobers got 2 more wedding, a flight to BC for a wedding and then a roadtrip back from BC to Ontario to make a wedding the next Saturday!!

OH man! So much to look forward to.
I'm trying my best to stay focussed on the present though and just really enjoy and be thankful for the time I have left here!

By the way, packing is going alright I think. I am leaving quite a few clothes behind, but that's ok. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Boy, that is a busy itinerary for you in the coming couple of months. First things first- come home safe and sound, after saying lots of good-byes I'm sure.
I'm so happy for you to having Will in your life. I can't wait to hear about him!!
Can't wait to see you at the wedding!!
May God bless you and keep you safe in your travels coming up.
Love you lots,
Aunt Annette and Uncle Rob
steph and mike too

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen Good to hear from you again! I laughed at the request for Mom's cheesecake, I was just asking Dad what I should make for your first supper home!
Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey karen,

Enjoy your last days there! Neat to hear about Will. We look forward to hearing more later. Blessings on your last week in Korea!
Ron Donkersloot